Monday, November 17, 2008

Presents in his Diaper!!

We had a very stressful weekend. I was off work on Friday and we have all been battling the cold and me and Nate think we had a tinge of the FLU! We were just relaxing and trying to feel better Friday night, getting ready for bed around 8:00pm. (light weights)

I was sitting at the computer trying to get my coupons together so I could go shopping in the morning. Well wee little Brody comes crawling up to me. I notice that he has something in his mouth so I say spit it out. He of course turns his head. I proceeded to stick my finger in to pull it out and he starts to bite down. I felt something but had no idea what it was. I put my finger back in and I could only feel part of it. Brody began to choke and to try and get it back up. At this point I am panicking. Nate comes running in and turns him upside down and pat his back. Well Its GONE!! Nates yelling at me to get him to the hospital, I am crying, Maddie is crying, the boys are just freaking out too. It was quite crazy with everyone in a Tizzy. Brody calms down and I called the Doctor. They said that because we didn't know what he swallowed we would have to take him into the Hospital. So we drop the kids off at my Moms and head to the ER! Well 4 1/2 hours later we find out he swallowed 2 lanyard clips. They attach keys to your badge or to your key ring. They were clasped together and folded in half. Freakin Fabulous. Doc said that he may not be able to pass them on his own and that we would need to call a Pediatric Gastrointerologist. They looked really big on the Xray scan. So I was really worried about my little man. I know your wondering why I had those. My friend had me make her some Pacifier Clips and brought over a bag that had all kinds of things in it. We had just cleaned and vaccuumed the floor and swept in the kitchen. I still don't know where he found them. This is a pic of 1 next to a dime.



Well this morning after breakfast I caught him Doin The Deed. We have passed the little presents Thank goodness!! We just talked to the doc and we just have to make sure he doesn't pass any blood in his stool. He was quite the trooper and an awesome POOPER!!! We are all so thankful he is ok.

2 comments:

The Brock Family said...

That is so scary! I am so glad he is ok!

Natalie said...

Holy cow, what a scary story! Good thing he's a 'super pooper'.