Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Haunts and Howls!

Well I have to say I am glad Halloween is over. Work was Crazy and the kids were too.

Trunk or Treat was Thursday and I had to work so Poor Nate had to take all of them alone. They all looked good all dressed up. Silly mom took Hayden's costume with me to work in the car. So Nate had Hayden wear his Motorcross pants and shirt and put on his helmet for the party. Justin went as a Dementor from the Harry Potter movies. Maddie was a Sweatheart Bat. Gunnar went as a Fireman---Awesome costume from Costco. And Little Brody was Squirt from Nemo. He was supposed to be the Lion I made for Gunnar 3 years ago. But my good friend Debbie had this one and it was too cute to pass up and the maintence work on the Lion costume was a bit overwhelming so it got shelved. I even dressed up as a golfer for work as we had a huge party for customers. I was in charge of the cookie frosting table. At the end of the night we tallied over 400 cookies being frosted. Yes it was a MAD house in there.

Halloween night was calmer than normal for our family. We normally feel so rushed but this year not so much. We had very few trick or treaters. Our street is usually just Jumping but with all the foreclosures it was very Calm. Hayden was so excited to dress up as a scary Scarecrow and scare the kids as they came up to trick or treat. Justin and Hayden both stayed home and handed out candy. He had about 6 or 7 groups come and that was it. He was pretty disappointed that he didn't get to scare mor people. We got finished with the little ones and headed over to my parents house.

I am normally a crazy person trying to get costumes done, Hair done and house done the night of Halloween but this year I took it easy. I didn't sew one costume. (makes me sad.) I just figured its one night and I just don't have the energy to stress. Well now I know why!!!--- We are all sick now. Even little Brody has a cold. His 1st ever. He is just miserable along with the rest of the Family. He was soo out of sorts Halloween night we just put him in a Pumpkin Jumper I had bought him so he could be comfortable.

Heres to Robotussin, Nyquil, Joys Liniment and Vicks. 1st cold of the Season be GONE, never to return. Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away and Christmas 4 weeks after that. OH great more stress and shopping to do. FABULOUS!

2 comments:

The Russell 4 said...

Cute Brimhall bunch. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Hallie said...

Cute, cute kids! We are going through sickness too, no fun. I hope you all get better soon!