
Well the month is almost over again and I cant believe we only have 8 days till Christmas. With me working and all the Tree is still not trimmed. But the lights are up outside. Thanksgiving was Nuts as I ended up working 43 hours that week but I brought home my biggest check yet. Woo Hoo! We went to Utah last week for my Niece Bailees wedding. Such a sweet girl we are sooo Happy for her. We left Wednesday night and drove to Flagstaff. We stayed at Aunt Diones and thought it was freezing. The kids loved the pretty lights on the cool houses up there and we had Hot Coco to warm us up.
We got to ride the train from Sandy Utah to Salt Lake. The kids thought that was sooo neat. We got off the train right in front of Temple Square to see the lights at the Salt Lake Temple.
WOW! What a beautiful night. It was very cold but it was worth it to see the things I have only seen in conference and on the BYU channel. I really enjoyed this part of the trip. Friday was Bailees bridal shower. The weather was still really nice, a bit cold but nice. Driving through Utah I was in Awe of all the beautiful homes. I was telling Nate lets move here just for the housing! Haha. Bailees aunts house was really neat. Not huge but definately set up for a large family like mine. That night we went to a dinner for Bailee and Zach. It was nice because they had set up a babysitter for my kids and we got to go with just Brody. Bailees old roomates watched the kids. Her old apartment was literally right next door to the BYU stadium. The boys loved that. Saturday we knew there was going to be snow but the question was how much. It started to snow around 10 am and it was sticking really good. I am just not used to that. I am used to Snowflake where it takes a while to stick. Well by the time we were to leave for the temple there was a good 1-2" and it was still coming down.Waiting for Bailee and Zach to come out was rough on all the kids but well worth it.
Taking pictures was a bit daunting. It was just really really cold by this point. We were really excited to get in the car and hurry off to Lunch at CHUCK A RAMA! I know sounds gross but it was really good. Bailees reception was that night at a really nice place with such neat decorations I couldn't resist but to take the kids Christmas card pics there. Sunday morning was greeted with nervousness. Me and Nate were both nervous to drive home. The roads were pretty good for a while and then would get really bad. Most drivers were haulin and my Father was one of them. But after all the Millions of stops to clean the windshield (our washer fluid froze) we made it safely home after a 15 1/2 hour drive. Yes our Bums were very very very numb! We are so thankful to have been up there for Bailees wedding. Our kids had fun even if it mostly consisted of watching TV in the car or in the Hotel. I will never move to Utah or anywhere that cold. Yuck-- I must really be a Native Arizonan at heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment