Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One Night ALONE!

Tonight I get to spend the night alone. Well if you consider alone as being home with my 5 kiddos and no hubby. So I guess I am not really alone but kind of. Nate's job site has been broken into 6 times in the last 7 weeks and Woods has had it. All the guys are taking turns staying at the job over night. They have 2 houses they use as models but the house that is getting broken into is too far down the street. So Nate will be camping out on top of the house armed with an air mattress, bug spray and a bat. I told him that he is not to confront the thieves if they show up as he only has a bat to defend himself. These houses are literally in the GHETTO of Phoenix.

His bosses asked if I was going to be mad that he has to stay. He said "nope she is going to cook her favorite dinner that I hate so shes cool about it." I am making my favorite dinner Tater Tot Casserole. Nate hates hates hates this dinner.

I have to say right now its kind of reminiscent of the 18 months I was home alone while he worked in San Carlos. Nice quiet easy going night. No rush to get ready for him to come home. Don't get me wrong I miss the extra set of hands but there is something about being able to pull it all together by yourself that is rewarding to me.

Added Bonus for me though--- He gets to come home at like 10 am or earlier tomorrow so I have the whole day with him!! WOO HOO!!

So here's to eating my Tater Tot Casserole and Watching what I want on TV and going to bed early. Love you Nate See you in the morning!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Okay busy lady - we really need to have a girl's night out sometime. While I LOVE to see you at Bunco once a month - I'd love to hang out with you other times too. Let me know when you are available. ;)

The Brock Family said...

That sounds like real comfy sleeping for Nate!! But I so know what you mean about being by yourself at night, and I kind of like it better, every now and then!

Traci said...

Hey girl, Im so glad I found you. It is going to be so nice to see how things are going. I have to say I know how those nights alone can some times be. I hope Nathan doesnt do anything stupid and hurt them sorry bounders. Its good to see you guys. Take care.